About Godfrey Congregational
Our mission is "To bring to Life the Word of God in our Community through Christ's example of selfless service."
Captain Benjamin Godfrey and some of the earliest Godfrey settlers established our church in 1839. He built Monticello Chapel in 1851 for use by the Monticello Seminary students, a female seminary, and our congregation. We continued to hold worship services at that location until we built our new church in its present location in 1960. We joined with the United Church of Christ in 1961.